See if your profile and experience match what we’re looking for.
Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) roles in the field
- Professionals with 12 months or more relevant relief or development experience (Experienced Relief Workers)
- Professionals with less than 12 months relevant relief or development experience (New Relief Workers)
- Experienced professionals in a relevant Medair sector of expertise
- Overseas intercultural work experience
- Fully committed to the Medair values; to reflect the vision and values of Medair with team members, international team members, and external contacts
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Working knowledge of French (spoken and written) for French-speaking field programmes
- Able to live and work in a multicultural team under difficult conditions
- Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, honesty, and physically fit
- Single or married (with no children under 18). If married, your spouse must also apply.
Discover the benefits packages for Medair IRS field roles here
So you have a matching profile? What is the best application route for you?
- If you see a position that closely matches your profile, then we recommend you
apply for a Medair field vacancy.
- If you are new to relief work or you cannot see a job that matches your profile exactly, we recommend you
apply for a Medair ROC.
Regardless of how you apply, all prospective Internationally Recruited staff are required to successfully complete the Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC). Medair ROC information, dates and related costs can be found here.
Please take a look at our FAQ if you have any further questions.
If you are interested in joining our Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) in the field, please click here.