The benefits package provided to all Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS)
- Comprehensive briefing at our Swiss Headquarters, as well as an in-country briefing
- Security training for those going to insecure environments
- Accommodation, food, and transportation in-country
- Return flights to and from the country programme (one return flight for every year of service)
- Rest and recuperation (R&R) leave (including travel, accommodation, and food)
- Annual leave
- Additional contract benefit allowance for those who commit to longer contracts
- Comprehensive medical and emergency rescue insurance, with up to 60 days post-assignment coverage, including debriefing
- Disability insurance
Specific benefits for Experienced Relief Workers (IRS)
(Applicants with 12 months or more relevant relief or development experience)
- Salaries are based on the grade of the position and experience of the position-holder.
- Contribution matching programme for retirement savings
- Highly subsidised contribution to Medair ROC travel and accommodation costs
Specific benefits for New Relief Workers (IRS)
(Applicants with less than 12 months relevant relief or development experience)
- USD 300 per month
- As soon as 12 months relief work or its equivalent has been completed, a salary based on the grade of the position and experience of the position-holder, and other experienced relief worker benefits.
Discover the profiles sought for Medair IRS field roles here
So you have a matching profile? What is the best application route for you?
- If you see a position that closely matches your profile, then we recommend you
apply for a Medair field vacancy.
- If you are new to relief work or you cannot see a job that matches your profile exactly, we recommend you
apply for a Medair ROC.
Regardless of how you apply, all prospective Internationally Recruited staff are required to successfully complete the Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC). Medair ROC information, dates and related costs can be found here
Please take a look at our FAQ if you have any further questions.
If you are interested in joining our Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) in the field, please click here.