Threat of disease
Diseases can spread rapidly when clean water sources and sanitation measures are lost.
Loss of shelter
Families become vulnerable to the weather and are at greatest risk of violence, sexual assault, and theft.
No water or food
Thirst and hunger become major concerns when reliable sources of water and food are lost.
Access to health care lowers the risk of disease outbreaks, provides pregnant women a safe place to give birth, and safeguards against malnutrition.
Shelter is vital for human dignity. It provides life-saving security and safety against bad weather, disease, and violence.
When emergencies strike, few things are more important for protecting lives than providing safe water and sanitation.
Be the first to know
Receive emergency alerts, prayer points, opportunities to get involved, and more.
What services do you bring to vulnerable people?
The gifts of Medair supporters bring them life essentials such as basic health care, safe drinking water and sanitation, proper nutrition, safe shelter, and skilled staff to help women give birth safely. These services help save lives and prevent needless suffering.
Why is it important that I give?
Because lives depend on it. We go, but gifts from our partners are our fuel. People’s generous support is what enables us to respond quickly to emergencies around the world and bring hope to people who might otherwise be forgotten.
How do you spend the money I give?
Your gift goes far with us: 89.6 percent of all money donated to Medair goes directly to the delivery of life-saving assistance to those who need it most. The other 10.4 percent goes towards the management and expansion of our mission so that we can continue to serve more people.